httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Releasing 1.3.7
Date Mon, 07 Jun 1999 19:44:39 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Randy Terbush wrote:
> >
> > I think the changes proposed for 1.3.7 merit a change to 1.4.0. While
> > the EAPI stuff seems to be relatively stable, I think that we will
> > uncover other problems when placed in more hands. The repository name
> > is a problem though. Albiet a minor one.
> >
> > +1 for 1.4.0
>
> Are these squeeze-em-in changes (EAPI, mass vhosting, ...) significant
> enough to require a new beta cycle?  If yes, then we should probably
> do 1.3.7 to get the bug fixes out there, then 1.4b1 to get these
> features in, then 1.4.0 when they're there, and then 2.0.  Hmmm..
> sounds familiar. :->

I think that any beta cycle would be pretty quick. The
EAPI stuff is quite battle hardened already (being required by
mod_ssl) and the mass vhosting doesn't, AFAIK, break any current
behaviors (although I admit I haven't fully tested it).

We could, of course, do what we've done before and release
1.4.0b1 with these changes, but not "bother" with 1.3.7.
(or, if people have heartburn with bumping up to a 1.4.x
version, 1.3.7b1 and releasing that).