httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Releasing 1.3.7
Date Sat, 05 Jun 1999 11:49:40 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
> > Dean Gaudet wrote:
> > >

> > > I feel like such an idiot.  4 out of 68 failed releases.  Obviously this
> > > is a very critical topic that deserves our immediate attention.
> > >

> > Does tagging a source tree take a lot of resources or anything
> > like that?
>
> Does re-opening religious debates take a lot of resources or anything like
> that?  If Ken has trouble with this issue I direct him to the archives
> where one can find another dozen or two debates on the same topic.
>
> Our stupid voting system just promotes this sort of crap -- "I didn't get
> my way last time, maybe I can re-open this topic, and maybe fewer people
> will be paying attention and I can slip it through".  That's the feeling I
> get.

``Stay cool... STAY COOL'' (if you listen to Don & Mike, you'll get this)

I don't think this is a religious debate, and I think the only reason
it was re-opened was because of recent devlopments. I certainly don't
care one way or another, but I think the response was a little
over the top... If you would have actually read my posting, you'll
see that I was actually curious about this, not sarcastic.