httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Releasing 1.3.7
Date Fri, 04 Jun 1999 17:04:32 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> I think a release is a good idea...
>
> I just question why we're inventing another new numbering scheme...
>
> why not do 1.4b1 and then release 1.4.0 in a month.  I'm serious.   EAPI
> is almost a good enough reason on its own... plus the other features we've
> snuck in...

Good point... No, really.

If this release includes EAPI as well as the "mass hosting" patch
(which I need to vote on) then with the changes to the API as
well as the additions/improvements, I think this release could
warrant a minor version bump.

I also think Ken's idea of tagging as a beta makes sense as
well, to avoid last-minute changes causing the need to retag
and "skip" versions.