httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/lib/expat-lite xmlparse.c xmltok.c
Date Wed, 02 Jun 1999 12:45:57 GMT

In article <Pine.BSF.4.05.9906020323290.401-100000@pez.hyperreal.org> you wrote:
> On 2 Jun 1999 rse@hyperreal.org wrote:
>> rse         99/06/02 00:15:06
>>
>>   Modified:    src/lib/expat-lite xmlparse.c xmltok.c xmltok.h
>>                         xmltok_impl.c
>>   Log:
>>   Various cleanups to the unclean expat sources to
>>   make them at least compile without warnings...
>
> What mechanism should we use to make sure that changes to this code are
> reflected back upstream to Clark, and conversely, that we are always able
> to pull down new versions of expat?

We can at least send him the output of "cd src/lib/expat-lite; cvs diff
-rEXPAT_1_1" after some time. His changes can be imported from time to time,
too.

> Perhaps we should consider using this as an external library (a la
> pthreads in apache-2.0) instead of an imported block of code?

This would be another possibility. I personally see the reasons why this can
be useful and I also see good reasons to have it inside our source tree. I've
currently still no personal opinion on this topic, so other should discuss
this...
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com