httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@lerdorf.on.ca>
Subject Re: Annoying Installation Problem and a Possible Elegant Solution
Date Tue, 11 May 1999 13:44:32 GMT
> It is not enough. There are a lot of other things to change. Like
> all the config files. The minimal complement for the addition of
> "-f" to apachectl, is a re-configure + make install (WITHOUT MAKE!),
> as I wrote in my original message, but it is ugly. What I proposed
> as the ideal solution, was a script to replace pathes etc., after
> moving the Apache binary tree to a new location.

Well, if you are going to move an Apache tree, it seems logical that you
would want to fiddle with the paths in httpd.conf yourself as well.  Do
you really see a need for an automated way of doing this?  For people who
don't want to change the paths in their httpd.conf file, they can always
do a clean re-install with a different prefix path.

-Rasmus