httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@lerdorf.on.ca>
Subject Re: Annoying Installation Problem and a Possible Elegant Solution
Date Tue, 11 May 1999 13:09:48 GMT
> But apachectl is only one of many things which should be patched in
> order to allow a smooth move of Apache to another location, and my
> purpose is to cover all the things.

I never use apachectl and I actually thought it had a -f flag, but it
doesn't look like it does.  I think it should.  That way you could just
do a apachectl -f/path/httpd.conf restart or perhaps a -d/path would be
cleaner.  That way you could also use the same apachectl script to control
multiple servers.  I don't think it is a good idea to mangle apachectl at
configure-time like you are suggesting.

-Rasmus