httpd-dev mailing list archives

From cos...@tdiinc.com
Subject Re: apr_ v.s. ap_
Date Sat, 08 May 1999 14:50:10 GMT

> I would actually like to extend this ballot a bit, time-wise,
> and ask it on the apache-modules list as well, making it
> clear both here and there that this isn't a insiders-only
> vote and that *everyone* who might be affected is free to
> vote.

I really liked apr_ - it is much easier to find in what category a
function belong.
I all methods start with ap_ you loose 3 letters and get no info.
With apr_ at least you split the 100+ functions in 2 categories.

It would be great to have apr_thread_, apr_io_, apr_mutex_ prefixes
( with the prefix acting as a "package name").

( don't forget - there are 100+ functions, little documentation, and of
course you know all of them, but for people with less experience it's not
so easy, and at least apr_ was a help)

Just my 2c.
Regards,
Costin