httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Juergen Schmidt ...@ct.heise.de>
Subject Re: Bad apache performance with linux-SMP
Date Thu, 20 May 1999 04:52:02 GMT
On Wed, 19 May 1999, Dan Kegel wrote:

> Please keep us informed about your benchmark efforts.  I'm very
> interested.

The most important news is, that a patch suggested on the linux kernel
mailinglist seems to solve the problem. It removes serialization in the
copy-and-checksum-Routine in tcp.c by calling unlock_kernel() before.

> p.s.
> Are all clients fetching the same file?  You didn't seem to specify.

In this test yes -- r3 is a graph with random files out of a set of 10000

> Also, your graph needs better legends, IMHO.  I saw it before on the
> web and didn't really grok it.

Those graphs are not ment for publication -- just as a quick explanation
of what I was posting. Please tell this person who put it on the web, to
remove them. Those are *not* final results, ment to be published.

bye, juergen

Juergen Schmidt   Redakteur/editor  c't magazin      PGP-Key available
Verlag Heinz Heise GmbH & Co KG, Helstorferstr. 7, D-30625 Hannover
EMail: ju@ct.heise.de - Tel.: +49 511 5352 300 - FAX: +49 511 5352 417