httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Pools in apr types.
Date Thu, 13 May 1999 13:07:20 GMT

Okay, I am re-opening this can of worms.  My understanding of how things
were left about contexts and other apr types is:

1)  All apr types will have a pool pointer.
2)  All apr types will have a pointer for user data.
3)  All apr functions will be passed a context type.

That means the pool allocation prototype becomes

ap_palloc(ap_context *, ap_ssize_t);

This is fine, but why then are we putting a pool pointer into each apr
type?  It makes more sense to put a context pointer in every type.  I
tried to make the change to the ap_ functions moved down from Apache, and
having a pool pointer in every type just doesn't work very well.

So, I would like to change point 1 to be:

All apr types have a context pointer.

Thoughts/Objections.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com