httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: APR: directory API
Date Wed, 12 May 1999 16:58:39 GMT
> > When the user does an ap_opendir, does that get the first entry in the
> > directory.  I think it should personnaly, unless somebody can provide a
> > good reason why it shouldn't.
>
> It shouldn't because then you can't report errors which occur while
> reading separately from errors of opening... read() isn't part of open().

I'll go along with that, but we could just use a different value for errno
for the two different stages.  I think you are right though.  First open,
then read.

> Oh, btw, NT and OS/2 also support wildcards in their equiv of "opendir()"

I would suggest we not support wildcards in the first release.  It
wouldn't mean any code to check for wildcards, just don't advertise that
they are allowed on NT/OS2.  If we decide we like them, we can implement
the same feature in a later release for all other platforms.

Ryan
Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd