httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <>
Subject Shared Memory in APR.
Date Wed, 12 May 1999 14:13:13 GMT

After taking a few days to clean some stuff up and go to meetings, I am
back to work on APR.  The next thing I am looking to implement is shared
memory.  Ralf posted some stuff a while ago that includes the shared
memory pools stuff, as well as some code to allocate/deallocate shared

I began to take a quick look at this to see how easily it could be added
to APR, and noticed immediately, that it has everything Copyrighted by
Ralf.  So, my question is can I use this code?  Does it need to be
re-released under the Apache License?  Ralf, are you willing to do that?

I always have the option of just grabing the code from the scoreboard
logic, and using it.  So re-writing isn't really an issue.

Ryan Bloom
4205 S Miami Blvd