httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: PR#4367: spaces in chunk sizes
Date Thu, 27 May 1999 14:46:04 GMT
implied LWS is correct, especially considering you can put a
"chunk-extension" on there... and I'm pretty sure Roy even said so...
although I can only find a note from Alexei in the archives (back in jan
97).

At any rate, the HTTP standard has actually been fixed, grr -- it used to
require you to start the chunk size with a non-zero digit, so it wasn't
possible to pad with leading zeroes.  In rev-06 I see that they've come to
their senses and now allow leading zeroes...

So I wouldn't mind switching it to leading zeroes, since I suspect nobody
implements their clients correctly to accept trailing spaces.

Dean