httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: redirect in post-read phase
Date Tue, 18 May 1999 21:00:32 GMT

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Valentin Bazavan wrote:

> On May 18, 10:35am, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> > Subject: Re: redirect in post-read phase
> > Well I never intended post read request to be used that way... it was
> > mostly intended for setting up environment variables.
> >
> But you know how it works. You add a capablility for some purpose and people
> discover many other ways it can be useful. I, for instance, use the post-read
> hook to insert an admission control module into the server.

Why don't the standard auth hooks work for you?

Yeah I know how it works -- people hack together a solution that appears
to work using the first thing they find... and generally don't find the
right solution the first time... and then report bugs on things which
they're using in ways we didn't intend... and then when we ask, "why
didn't the standard way that module foobar uses work for you?"  they say
something like "oh, I didn't think of copying your examples"... to
paraphrase things :)

Yeah yeah there's no docs.  But there's a bunch of examples :)

Dean