httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Apache port to PVM(BeoWulf Clusters)?
Date Sun, 16 May 1999 23:18:44 GMT

On Wed, 12 May 1999, papageorgio wrote:

> V.What do you think?
>
> Is this a bad idea that would amount to nothing more than a waste of
> time?
> Is this a good idea that would amount to nothing more than a waste of
> time?
> It is interesting but more information is needed to comment.
> Yah this is good idea and it could be used.

Well, for the server as shipped I really don't see how this gains
anything... there's already easy ways to distribute the load around a
cluster.  But if the user has some module that can make good use of PVM...
well... that's another story.

Don't let my comments stop you from having fun though :)

Dean