httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject RE: Module initialization and per-directory config directives
Date Sat, 15 May 1999 01:25:01 GMT
On Fri, 14 May 1999, Dietz, Phil E. wrote:

> But seriously the more hooks Apache can get in, the easier people can
> integrate Apache into things like web distribution systems etc.

It's better for us to add fewer more general tools than zillions of
special purpose tools.  That's the unix philosophy... I find it works
quite well.  What you want can be solved easily by filters... which solve
more than just this problem.

filters mean:  you get a chance to run all the output through arbitrary
code.  Your arbitrary code would add a header or footer.

Dean