httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject RE: Module initialization and per-directory config directives
Date Fri, 14 May 1999 18:14:48 GMT

On Fri, 14 May 1999, Dietz, Phil E. wrote:

> I also recommend a post_sent hook, so people can write modules that append
> to a sent web document like footers, geocities popups, etc.

Ha.

> Right now I have to hack in an ap_rputs() inside of
> ap_finalize_request_protocol().

Emphasis on hack.

It's impossible for you to form a properly formatted HTML document in
general, unless you control all the input documents... in which case you
can solve your problem just as easily using mod_include or mod_php3... and
I don't see why Apache should need to provide this mechanism.

In any event, if you want to perform this kind of torture, you can wait
for filters.

Dean