httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: APR: directory API
Date Wed, 12 May 1999 16:10:37 GMT

On Wed, 12 May 1999, Ryan Bloom wrote:

> When the user does an ap_opendir, does that get the first entry in the
> directory.  I think it should personnaly, unless somebody can provide a
> good reason why it shouldn't.

It shouldn't because then you can't report errors which occur while
reading separately from errors of opening... read() isn't part of open().

Oh, btw, NT and OS/2 also support wildcards in their equiv of "opendir()"

and for the "extra info" such as mtime, freebsd also provides a d_type,
which indicates the file type.

> I don't like the thisdir->entryname thing.  I would much rather see a
> function/macro that returns the filename.

yeah I agree with Ryan.

Dean