httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: [PRESS] ZDNet look at Stronghold/Apache
Date Thu, 13 May 1999 18:35:19 GMT
On Thu, 13 May 1999, Mark J Cox wrote:

> Oh what a suprise; Apache with CGI is a lot slower than IIS with ISAPI:
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/pcmag/stories/reviews/0,6755,2256617,00.html

Yea.  And did you read their BS about how "oh, no one writes Apache
modules because we say so so we don't have to do a fair comparison in that
area."

In their last version of their benchmark program I asked "hey, can we get
an Apache module included?"  Their answer was no, but that they would try
to for the next version.  I even sent them a module that does exactly what
their ISAPI and NSAPI modules do.  But no, they don't give a damn.  You
need to have people dedicated full time to hounding zd like MS and
probably NS before they will care.

Whatever.

(as you can probably tell from the above, I'm in a crappy mood for other
reasons, so don't take what I say overly seriously...)