httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <>
Subject Re: MPL 1.1
Date Wed, 26 May 1999 23:19:31 GMT
>It does appear that MPL 1.1 has been released (see
> I've sent mail off to
>Mitchell Baker for clarification (a post he made a while back isn't very
>clear on the issue).

MPL and NPL are the same document now -- you just remove the appendix
for MPL.  [BTW, Mitchell is a she]

>Anyways... presuming that the MPL 1.1 *has* been released, is there any
>objection to putting Expat back in, under the MPL 1.1 license?

You can't do that.  Even though the license says we can redistribute
using a later version of MPL, James Clark needs to be the one who
changes all of the copyright clauses to say that it is MPL 1.1.
That's because of the nature of the differences between 1.0 and 1.1.

Life sucks sometimes.

View raw message