httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: apr_ v.s. ap_
Date Fri, 07 May 1999 15:31:33 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar@Golux.Com> writes:

> Ben Hyde wrote:

> > on how you count.  - ben
>
> You know, Ben, I think it would be only fair if you counted the
> one person whose part you've been championing: the module
> writer named "tani hosokawa", who voted for "apr_".

My apologies, I just swept thru the archive for instances of
the ballot.  This would not have changed the outcome, unless
of course I made other mistakes as well.

> I would actually like to extend this ballot a bit, time-wise,
> and ask it on the apache-modules list as well, making it
> clear both here and there that this isn't a insiders-only
> vote and that *everyone* who might be affected is free to
> vote.

Some nice people recently gave me a copy of Robert's Rules
of Order.  I've been entertaining my self at dinner by asking
my children what they think the book ought to say about various
senarios.

This sounds like a motion to reconsider, for example:
<http://www.wstandy.com/boosters/docs/rulesord/reconsider.htm>

I'm not, today, a stickler for the details of these kinds of rules,
but it would seem approprate to get "a member who voted with the
prevailing side" to agree that this is a useful exercise, presumably
because we need "to correct a hasty, ill-advised, or erroneous action,
or to take into account added information or a changed situation that
has developed since the taking of the vote."

 - ben