httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Pools in apr types.
Date Fri, 14 May 1999 12:21:08 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar@Golux.Com> writes:

> How about:
>
> 1) All APR types will have a context pointer.
> 2) The context type will have a pointer for user data.
> 3) All APR types will have a pointer for user data.
> 4) All APR functions will be passed a pointer to either an
>    APR type or a context.

That's good.

It is better than the design of the current server
because it allows the users to hang customization
off the data structures the APR API provides, and
because it works to assure that we don't neglect
to provide access to the resources provided by
the context in all routines.

Now if we change the name context to pool your
back to the nice workable design used in the current
server and you have avoided creating any unnecessary
incompatiblities.  Please?

 - ben