httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: ap_current_thread?
Date Tue, 18 May 1999 15:46:25 GMT
Ryan Bloom <rbb@raleigh.ibm.com> writes:

> I don't understand why ap_block_alarms needs the current thread.
> ap_block_alarms is used to make sure that we aren't going to be
> interrupted by receiving a signal while in this code.

I thought we had decided to attempt to provide for
canceling/interupting, etc. individual threads so that in at least
some cases we could terminate with prejudice threads that seem to have
gone astray.  I'm right about that, arn't I.

If threads are never: unwound, canceled, interupted, or signaled then
there is no need an API on the thread to manage if that
unwinding/canceling/interupting/signalling is enabled/disabled at any
given moment.

 - ben