httpd-dev mailing list archives

From tvaug...@aventail.com
Subject redirect in post-read phase
Date Mon, 17 May 1999 21:58:43 GMT
I apologize for the x-post (I sent this to apache-modules@covalent.net
yesterday), but I am just far too impatient. Not that a response is
guaranteed on this list, but my odds are at least better.

<X-POST>
Anybody have any idea why something like this:

        if (cookie was found)
                return DECLINED;

        location = ap_psprintf(r->pool,
                               "%s://%s:%d%s?request=%s",
                               ap_http_method(r),
                               ap_get_server_name(r),
                               ap_get_server_port(r),
                               sconfig->authenticator,
                               r->unparsed_uri);

        ap_table_setn(r->headers_out, "Location", location);
        return REDIRECT;

would cause NOTHING to be sent to the client? Can a redirect be done in the
post-read phase? I haven't traced this down all the way, but it appears
that apache is going through all the right motions to send the header out,
it's just that nothing is being write()'d.
</X-POST>

-Tom

--
Tom Vaughan <tvaughan at aventail dot com>