httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Apache memory problems
Date Fri, 28 May 1999 10:50:41 GMT
Hi all,

A specific question about Apache and it's memory use.

My v1.3.7-dev installation's private memory usage slowly exands over
time, eventually overwhelming the box. The interesting part about this
is that the private memory footprint of *all* the httpd client processes
is roughly the same and grows at the same rate, which means that all the
httpd processes are leaking in the same way at the same time.

What part of the Apache code should I be looking in to fix this? Why
should all the httpd clients expand by the same amount of memory at the
same time? Can anyone offer any clues?

I am desperate for some kind of clue to the cause of this problem, I
have no idea where to even start looking.

Can anyone help?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon