httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Apache memory allocation
Date Thu, 27 May 1999 08:47:28 GMT
Hi all,

Is there a way of monitoring Apache's memory usage while it's running?

I have a busy reverse proxy installation that leaks memory over time,
eventually swamping the machine, and swallowing all 768MB of RAM and all
2GB of swap after 2 or 3 days or so.

I need to find out which part of Apache is allocating all the memory, so
that I can track down the section of Apache that's the memory hog. I
know Apache functions handle memory management, do these functions aid
in debugging in any way?

I am now desperate to fix this. I've converted a major installation to
Apache because it gives us every single feature we need but one -
reliability.

Can anyone help?

Regards,
Graham