httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: problem in http_config.c:ap_handle_command?
Date Mon, 17 May 1999 19:55:37 GMT
tvaughan@aventail.com wrote:

> The problem lies at #17. mconfig is passed to invoke_cmd. But there is the
> possiblity that mconfig could be NULL at this point. This module causes a
> SIGSEGV because of this.

That's a problem with your module, then.

> So, am I overlooking something obvious? Done something stupid? Or is this a
> problem? Why would sconfig not be passed to invoke_cmd?

The semantics of directive handlers are that they're called
with the per-dir per-module config record if it exists.  Not the
server per-module config record.  If you're going to use the API
routines ap_set_*_slot(), you need to create something that will
be passed to them.  Otherwise you need to write your own handler
that locates your sconfig pointer in the cmd->server->module_config
list (using ap_get_module_config()) and uses that instead.
--
#ken    P-)}