httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject httpd processes getting stuck - debug help
Date Mon, 17 May 1999 13:54:01 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to further debug my problem with stuck httpd's, and have got
this far:

- I've identified the httpd's which are stuck
- I've connected with truss and got this:

read(3, 0x0007A408, 4096)	(sleeping...)

Now, I need to determine where exactly in the Apache source the above
"read" request exists, so that I can start working backwards to find the
problem. Trouble is I am pretty clueless when it comes to debug tools
and how to use them, I would be hugely grateful if I could have a few
pointers. Armed with an Apache installation running under a Solaris v2.6
system and gdb, is it possible to locate where I am in the source code
in a certain process?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon