httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Janelle <vjane...@home.com>
Subject Re: fix for hybrid server problems.
Date Mon, 10 May 1999 06:07:07 GMT
unknown@riverstyx.net wrote:

> Which is what I use for load testing Apache :-)  256 clients all running
> at 115.2kbps is still a ton of traffic.  25 megabit, roughly.  With each
> of those opening multiple connections (which is standard for most
> browsers) you'll end up with probably 1200 simultaneous connections, which
> is going to beat the hell out of both Linux and Apache in their current
> states.
Only 1200 connections?  I've seen more with a few other servers.. (I
think the highest was 6400 with roxen on linux).

What is the main limitation of apache with its forking model?  Mainly
the operating system, or things like memory management?

--
If life is merely a joke, the question still remains: for whose