httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: apr_ v.s. ap_
Date Fri, 07 May 1999 20:25:02 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Ben Hyde wrote:

> > on how you count.  - ben
>
> You know, Ben, I think it would be only fair if you counted the
> one person whose part you've been championing: the module
> writer named "tani hosokawa", who voted for "apr_".

I am also a module writer and I voted for "ap_". So it isn't just "one
person" ... In fact, some of the other Apache members may also be voting
with an eye towards the modules they maintain.

IMO, the issue seems closed. We had a full round of voting, it has
trailed off, and Ben tallied the votes.

It is quite conceivable the apache-modules list is not as aware of the
issues, tradeoffs, or other aspects of the situation. I certainly see a
different level of familiarity with the Apache interface on that list. I
am not wont to place a lot of opinion in any vote there.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/