httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <>
Subject Re: Legal Inclusion of mod_ssl in the Standard Distribution of 1.3.7
Date Fri, 07 May 1999 17:19:32 GMT
Bill Stoddard wrote:
> It's still not over. This decision can still be taken to the Supreme
> Court.  And there is the small matter of RSA owning the patents
> (expiring soon?) if I am not mistaken.
Anyway, if this doesn't match our case, in wich RSA patents are
involved, and even if the Supreme Court can invalidate this sentence,
one positive thing remains:
The crypto code, to be distributed "safely" (putting it in STRONG
quotes), must be distributed in source form. IMVHO this is anoter point
that makes open-source projects even more powerful...

  Be sure to vote for JServ in the Java Developer's Journal
 Readers' Choice Awards Category number 2 (Apache-JServ #24)

View raw message