httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: APR as a separate package (was Re: Suggestion: shtool)
Date Mon, 03 May 1999 11:11:29 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> Um... isn't the Apache Group's main purpose to see the development of
> Apache?

The seminal project, and the only one to date, was the Apache HTTP
server project, yes.  However, there have been discussions for
a long time about starting or adopting other projects under the
'Apache' name umbrella.  This is nothing new.

>         I continue to fail to see the rationale for any extended
> effort in creating separable packages.

You needn't contribute, of course.  The rationale is what it has ever
been: people want to do it.
--
#ken  P-)}