httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dietz, Phil E." <>
Subject RE: Module initialization and per-directory config directives
Date Fri, 14 May 1999 18:43:10 GMT
It's never torture...since now my testing and staging areas get these nice
footers displaying their CVS distribution info automatically.

I can do the same thing with mod_include or mod_php, but then all documents
must conform to one or the other to take advantage.

Since my footers are stuck on by ap_finalize_request_protocol(), all
possible file types
(cgi, php, mod_include, etc.) get them attached on.

Formatting the HTML document is easy since all browsers I've tried support
multiple HTML docs in a transmission.  Simply make your footer a complete
html document....

But seriously the more hooks Apache can get in, the easier people can
integrate Apache into things like web distribution systems etc.