httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject Re: FW: "high performance web server"
Date Thu, 27 May 1999 10:02:26 GMT

[interesting info deleted]

> 	Oh..  This might help.  Here's my httpd.conf.  It could probably
> use some help, but it's pretty good as is...
>
> ------- httpd.conf ---- (combined file)
>
> KeepAlive Off

Didn't Midcraft switch off KeepAlive's as well?
I don't see why one would ever want to do that.
Keepalives are good for your thruput!?!?!

> MaxKeepAliveRequests 64
> KeepAliveTimeout 10
> MinSpareServers 100
> MaxSpareServers 200
> StartServers 150
> MaxClients 750
> MaxRequestsPerChild 15

Dito. Finishing off a child after only 15 req's is a waste
of resources (as is the 100 spare servers unless you expect
load spikes in this magnitude ;-)

> #BindAddress *
> ExtendedStatus On

This costs a little computing overhead but you may want to
take advantage of the extra funtionality (remote monitoring).

    Martin
--
<Martin.Kraemer@MchP.Siemens.De>      |        Siemens Information and
Phone: +49-89-636-46021               |        Communication  Products