httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@devsys.jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Can we get rid of %qd?
Date Fri, 21 May 1999 15:54:17 GMT
Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> Ok, one could argue that we already do it on a OS by OS basis because of the
> BSD-#ifs. But because even EGCS under FreeBSD complains I must say that it
> doesn't make it happy. I personally would appreciate when we can completely
> kick this %qd stuff out...

Yep... it's also an issue with the compiler itself.

> But the question remains: How? By casting to "long" and using %ld?

Hmmm... under FreeBSD, st_size is actually of type off_t, which is
itself a long long. I would think that casting it to unsigned long
and using %lu would be safest, at least for now.

We can certainly see if 'long long' is supported under the [cC]onfigure
process and have some code in ap_snprintf() that handles it if
possible.