httpd-dev mailing list archives

From James Dornan <ja...@Catch22.com>
Subject URL request for dictory changes URL hostname
Date Wed, 12 May 1999 19:51:33 GMT

Normally I would not both this list with something this stupid, but it might
mean the difference between using Apache, or some other server. That would
mean I'd quit the my job.

I have run into a new problem with Apache adding a trailing slash to URLs
which end in a directory. When the trailing slash is added the hostname
portion of the URL changes to the hostname specified in the ServerName
directive.

I guess this is not a problem for most people, but right now I need the
hostname to say what is was typed in as. In this case it's the server alias,
until the ServerName is registered with the NIC.

-- James Dornan