httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: fix for hybrid server problems.
Date Mon, 10 May 1999 05:18:12 GMT
On Sun, May 09, 1999 at 01:54:58PM -0700, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> I care less about static benchmark tests on local networks with no latency
> than I do about real life web sites with loads of long haul, slow clients,
> downloading large files consuming an expensive resource:  a thread slot
> and stack.

Ahhh. /me thwaps forehead. Makes sense. I am now fully convinced that
this is extremely cool.

Anyway, unless someone beats me to it (and please do), I'd like to
help implement something like this as soon as the server-wide shutdown
notification pipe is done.  Unfortunately, I'll have little time this
week for any such things.

"'Why do you blow on people?' I don't know." -- Benny Hinn