httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: Mindcraft, part II - anyone want to help?
Date Sun, 09 May 1999 09:40:07 GMT
On Wed, May 05, 1999 at 03:04:49AM +0000, Dan Kegel wrote:
> In a benchmark like Mindcraft's, should Apache's MaxClients be set to
> the
> physical number of client threads, or to a higher value?
> Don't the server daemons sit around doing a lingering close
> for some time after finishing each request?

I'm not the best person to answer this question, but I think the
server will only sit on the socket if no data arrives for 2 seconds
(because of old browser behavior), or when the client closes its
connection.

I don't think setting MaxClients to an abnormally high value should
slow down the server at all.

"The universe is in fact made up of Fabio." - scientist on _Eek the Cat_