httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Randy Terbush" <ra...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: apr_ v.s. ap_
Date Tue, 04 May 1999 16:00:42 GMT

> Names exported to the C linker by the APR project should be
> prefixed:
>
>    [ ] apr_         [X] ap_       [ ] I don't care.
>
> If less that six people vote we will leave it apr_.
>
>   Voting begins: Mon May  3 12:00:00 PDT 1999
>   Voting ends  : Wed May  5 12:00:00 PDT 1999

If we truely want Apache to be a platform embraced by all, we need to
stop adding these gratuitous changes into the source tree. API changes
need to be given more serious weight than we have in the past.

Regarding the somewhat valid argument that APR will be standalone, it
seems that it serves our purposes better to start now with ap_ and if
some as yet undetermined application using APR in the future finds
some conflict with the ap_ namespace, can then provide some
compatibility conversion for APR (ie s/ap_/apr_/).