httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David Harris" <dhar...@drh.net>
Subject RE: Change relative path for AuthUserFile, perhaps?
Date Thu, 13 May 1999 03:23:46 GMT

Raymond S Brand wrote:
> Can it be done? Yes. Can it be done compatibly? No. How big an issue is
> compatibility? It's not for my setups (ServerRoot is on a read only
partition).
> I THINK (really a guess) that most Auth*File directives in use use
absolute
> paths but I don't really know.

Compatibility is not an issue for my setup. I'm thinking that to get this
into the next apache release, breaking older setups might be a problem. But
I remember when the command line options changed in a non-reverse-compatible
way, and people were okay with that because it was for the better.

We agree that we want this changed. I wonder if any others like this idea.
It would be nice to hear from any others...

Anyone want to write a patch for this? Alas, I'm too busy right now.

 - David Harris
   Principal Engineer, DRH Internet Services