httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <unkn...@riverstyx.net>
Subject Re: select vs. threads vs. fork
Date Mon, 19 Apr 1999 02:01:45 GMT
Well, how about Zeus?  It's got bigtime performance, scales impressively,
appears to work well on SMP...

I was looking at thttpd, and I didn't think it would be difficult to add
in a module type scheme into it.  It only took me an hour to incorporate
the HSREGEX package and implement an anti-hotlinking handler.  In fact,
the entire code length is very tiny and straightforward.  Something like
12 functions to implement everything, and really obvious places to put in
various handlers... I don't know how Zues does it, but I figured it
wouldn't be too difficult to just spawn an extra thread for each processor
in the box, and have a separate client queue for each thread.  All the
info about each connection is held in one data structure, which in a
threaded implementation would be globally accessible... anyhow, just my
thoughts.

---
tani hosokawa
river styx internet