httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <unkn...@riverstyx.net>
Subject Re: apache-apr
Date Thu, 08 Apr 1999 21:52:31 GMT
Well, I compiled it and got it going, had to make a couple small changes
-- HARD_SERVER_LIMIT = 30, HARD_THREAD_LIMIT = 64.  I don't know if those
are appropriate for a threaded Apache.  I'd been told that 32 threads was
normal for a Netscape webserver, so I tried it out... anyhow, it didn't
work all that great.  Right now I've got it set up with 16 threads/child,
maxclients=14.  I'm running the non-threaded right now (1.3.6) and it's
holding steady at 40-50 processes (sometimes spiking to 80).  When I
switch to apache-apr, it runs fine for a while, sometimes half an hour or
so, but eventually it seems to hang.  I connect, but don't actually manage
to get a request through.  I was wondering how if it was just a matter of
tuning the server settings?  Anyone else running with high load?  I'm
using the Linux traffic shaper to hold my traffic down right now, but when
I open it up I immediately fill my 3 megabit connection to the top.

---
tani hosokawa
river styx internet