httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: fcntl problem in apache-apr.
Date Tue, 13 Apr 1999 18:39:10 GMT
Uh, isn't it a lot easier to redefine MaxRequestsPerChild as "a child will
start shutting down after this many requests have been served, but will
remain until all of its threads have exited".  Then for people who are
totally anal then can set MaxRPC to N - K where K is the number of threads
in the child.  Or some other crud like that.

i.e. I don't see why it has to be totally accurate, and the problem would
seem to be solved trivially by just letting the process serve another
request.

But then I haven't looked at apache-apr.

Dean