httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: IE5 intercepts 404 Error Message
Date Mon, 05 Apr 1999 03:10:59 GMT
I think this should go into the known_client_problems page.

And that we should pad custom error messages to 513 bytes for all
error message.  Although I'm tempted to say we should just pad all error

The rfc only says the client SHOULD display the message that comes with
the error response... so technically they're within spec.  I just think
this is a pretty dumb way to do it.  They could have handled a good 54% of
stock error responses by doing some simple pattern matches.

Dean