httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Skolnick <>
Subject suexec
Date Mon, 19 Apr 1999 11:22:09 GMT

I'm also working on some suexec stuff which will change the code quite a
bit.  I've got a prototype running that maps a cgi for user "cliff" to run
as "www-cliff", and an option corresponding hack for group.  The restriction
that a CGI be owned by the target user is removed, instead it should be not
owned, and therefor unchangeable, by the target user.

At this point I just need to figure out syntax for the mapping.  Right now
it mangles the user name, but this should really be a map table.  I'm also
thinking that the map will be directory based, or at minimum virtual host
based.  I need to think about the issues for this one, and the configuration

I'm hoping to find the time to work more on this over the next few weeks.

Cliff Skolnick
Steam Tunnel Operations

View raw message