httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Skolnick <cl...@steam.com>
Subject suexec
Date Mon, 19 Apr 1999 11:22:09 GMT

I'm also working on some suexec stuff which will change the code quite a
bit.  I've got a prototype running that maps a cgi for user "cliff" to run
as "www-cliff", and an option corresponding hack for group.  The restriction
that a CGI be owned by the target user is removed, instead it should be not
owned, and therefor unchangeable, by the target user.

At this point I just need to figure out syntax for the mapping.  Right now
it mangles the user name, but this should really be a map table.  I'm also
thinking that the map will be directory based, or at minimum virtual host
based.  I need to think about the issues for this one, and the configuration
syntax.

I'm hoping to find the time to work more on this over the next few weeks.

Cliff

--
Cliff Skolnick
Steam Tunnel Operations