httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.org>
Subject VOTE: apache-apr -> (1.4|2.0)
Date Sat, 17 Apr 1999 05:47:52 GMT

This is the corrected ballot, apologies for the abortive first one.

#######

Question I: Should the next non-point release of Apache be based on the
hybrid "apache-apr" prototype?
  YES  [ ]       NO  [ ]

Question II: Should the next release of Apache be called 1.4 or 2.0, even
if multithreading and a portability API are the only new additions?
  1.4  [ ]       2.0  [ ]

Question III: If you answered "yes" to question I, and consider 'N' to be
either 1.4 or 2.0 based on your answer to question II, is the following a
reasonable set of actions to take?

  a) Rename the "apache-2.0" CVS module to "apache-nspr".
     YES  [ ]       NO  [ ]

  b) Move the "2.0 design documents" from apache-nspr to a new
     directory under apache-site
     YES  [ ]       NO  [ ]

  c) Create a new "apache-N" module, import APACHE_1_3_6 as tagged
     from the apache_1.3 module, and patch it to bring it up to apache-apr
     functionality.
     YES  [ ]       NO  [ ]

  d) *Alternately to IIIc:* create the "apache-N" module and import the
     apache-apr/pthreads tree from the "apache-apr" module.
     YES  [ ]       NO  [ ]

  e) "apache-apr" should be kept around a project aimed at developing a
     generic portability layer for other Apache projects (or even
     non-Apache).
     YES  [ ]       NO  [ ]

Vote early, vote often!

	Brian