httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.org>
Subject Re: NSPR License
Date Tue, 13 Apr 1999 10:10:07 GMT
On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, Jim Jagielski wrote, quoting me:
> > So what?  I mean, Netscape could stop participating in the Mozilla project
> > entirely, and we could still continue to use and improve the NSPR code in
> > our tree.
>
> The entire NSPR code, or just the bits we need? From what I found out
> playing with Dean's apache-nspr, NSPR had a lot of "extra" stuff that
> we'd never use. So at the least, we'd need to separate the wheat
> from the chaff.

I mean, the same thing could happen as would happen in nature; the
inessential bits would either keep up thanks to good design or people
thinking about keeping them up, or whither and die because no one needed
them.  I don't think the mere presence of the "extra" stuff is a burden,
and if this is set up as a separate project, perhaps we can find projects
that care about those areas to have CVS commit rights.

	Brian