httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Adopting apache-apr/pthreads as base for apache-1.4?
Date Fri, 09 Apr 1999 13:57:19 GMT

> I hope to try porting to non-threaded OSs this weekend.

There is only one BIG problem with that.  There is currently a required
thread in the code.  That is the sigwait thread.  It is easy enough to
remove.  We actually did it once, but never committed that patch because
the sigwait stuff was added.  If you would like, I could probably remove
the sigwait stuff for you later, and post a patch.  I wouldn't garauntee
it would work 100% of the time, but it would be a good start.

The rest of the code should be trivial to port.  The biggest change will
be the accept loop, and with Bill's recent commit, even that is a trvial
change.

Good luck, let me know if you want the patch.

Ryan