httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ryan Bloom <>
Subject NSPR ping.
Date Mon, 05 Apr 1999 19:57:15 GMT

I tried sending a note about this a few minutes ago, and as far as I can
tell it didn't go through, so I am sending a new one.  If this was sent
twice, I'm sorry.

I am pinging about my favorite topic again, NSPR.  It is now April 5th,
and we still haven't heard anything about the new Mozilla License.  They
have been in the news for the last week, because Mozilla is 1 year old,
but nothing about the next release with a new License, not even when it
can be expected.

They have recently lost at least one of their key developers, and I would
assume that with AOL laying off 430 people at Netscape, that some people
at Mozilla have been let go.

How much longer do we wait until we decide to either commit to NSPR or
dump it and go with APR.  I believe we need to make a decision and stick
to it.  If we decide to go with APR and then three weeks from now, NSPR is
released, so we change to NSPR, we will have lost a lot of time.  WE can
get APR started this week, and as soon as the File I/O stuff is written,
it can be added to the server while Network I/O code is written.  I think
we can get APR written and in the apache-apr tree by the end of next month
in a worst case scenario.

I am +1 on giving up on NSPR now, and beginning work on APR.


Ryan Bloom
4205 S Miami Blvd	
RTP, NC 27709		It's a beautiful sight to see good dancers 
			doing simple steps.  It's a painful sight to
			see beginners doing complicated patterns.	

View raw message