httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Pools not adequeately protected by mutexes?
Date Thu, 29 Apr 1999 13:25:31 GMT
Ben Hyde wrote:

> No no no!  The pool API is designed with the presumption that operations
> on a single pool are done only by a single thread.  If two threads wish
> to share a pool they must mux their accesses.

An admirable sentiment, but has anyone performed an analysis
to make sure we're actually doing that in all cases?
Such as never passing pconf or pchild or any other
process-wide pools as work areas to any routines running
in a thread?  The specific snippet Manoj quoted involves
adding a cleanup, which is something that I wouldn't be
surprised to find done (and assumed to be legal) against
some such pools..
--
#ken  P-)}