httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <stodd...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Back to the roots
Date Mon, 26 Apr 1999 13:55:28 GMT
> It's more the general ASF-related hype around APR, ...

Ralf,
Why do you link ASF and APR? They are completely unrelated.

ASF is about creating the legal means to protect our freedom to develop
the best web server money can't buy. And do so in a way that is least
disruptive to the way Apache Group has operated in the past. I am glad
that there are ASF members willing to pick it up; it's not a pleasant
task.

What do you have against portability runtimes? If the only OS you are
interested in is Unix or Windows (but not both), then I guess you have a
point.  IMHO, a well implemented, thin PR would be useful to any web
server design effort, whether it is based on existing code or not.

--
Bill Stoddard
stoddard@raleigh.ibm.com